Have you been trying to “handle it on your own”? Is the depression, anxiety, grief, or other life challenge becoming more than you can bear? Are you ready to take two steps forward? I have over 30 years of experience working in mental health services and counseling—helping people identify the reasons they struggle and provide them with insights and techniques to overcome those problem areas. My commitment to you is to create a safe space through our therapeutic relationship in order to engage the healing work that is sometimes difficult. Helping you learn how to help yourself is the goal of our counseling sessions. – Carmi Frankovich, LCSW
- Family and relationship issues
- Not feeling accepted for who you are
- Lack of self-worth
- Short tempered or angry outbursts
- Feeling hopelessness or helplessness
- No interest in socializing or hobbies
- Lack of motivation and energy
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, oversleeping, or daytime sleepiness
- Decreased sexual desire
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs
- Fixation on death; thoughts of suicide
- Neglecting personal care (skipping meals, forgetting medications, neglecting personal hygiene)
Carmi (Carmela) Frankovich
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Psychotherapist.
I have extensive experience working with individuals who suffer from or were affected by grief, anxiety, various types of abuse, domestic violence, addiction, bullying, discrimination, gender identity and sexual orientation concerns, depression, relationship issues, as well as chronic/terminal illnesses (eg. cancer, End Stage Renal Disease, and HIV/AIDS).
I thrive on working with clients of various ethnicities and walks of life. Because I lived in Mexico, I also speak Spanish.
In addition to counseling seniors, immigrants and clients of almost all ages, I am also passionate about working with people who identify as LGBTQI, non-traditional relationships, etc. Reaching out to a therapist takes courage.
Qualifications and Certifications
- School: Aurora University
- Year Graduated: 2013
- License and State: 149.018853 Illinois
- Certificate: National Association of Social Workers / 886599480
- Certificate Date: 2013
- Certificate: Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Certificate Date: 2016